Sunday, January 31, 2010

Verrry Yummy Indian Fish Curry-type Dish


My very lovely friend Lucy included this recipe in a very special book of 'Recipes for a Successful Marriage' that was complied on my Hens Night. I believe that she got it from her sister-in-law, Susan, and who knows where it came from before that. My version is only slightly changed to accommodate what I regularly have in my pantry.

I love it cos I can make the sauce and fish coating at any stage during the day and then throw it altogether in about 10mins when dinnertime rolls around. Plus I just leave the sauce off the kiddies plates and both Maia and Jake love the fish.

Sauce - mix together all ingredients and simmer for 15-30mins and then let stand until you need it.
3T tomato paste
1t garam masala or fish masala
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
1t grated ginger
1/2t salt
3/4c water
1 bay leaf
1T oil
Cracked black pepper
1/2 stick cinnamon
1t chilli powder (optional)

Just before serving add 1T fresh coriander and/or fresh mint (optional)

Fish - I like to use a firm white fish (eg wharehou, lemonfish, moki) and cut it into small-ish chunks. Mix coating ingredients in a plastic bag and shake fish pieces to coat.

2T rice flour (or corn flour)
1t salt
1t ginger powder
1t fennel powder
1t coriander powder

Pan fry or grill in a little olive oil.

Serve on a bed of rice with sauce over top and green beside.



No comments:

Post a Comment